The Adult content category includes the following types of web resources:
- Photos or videos depicting genitalia of people or human-like creatures; people or human-like creatures engaged in sexual intercourse or masturbation.
- Textual materials, including works of literature and art, describing genitalia of people or human-like creatures; people or human-like creatures engaged in sexual intercourse or masturbation.
- Discussion of sexual aspects of a relationship.
- Erotic materials or writings providing a naturalistic depiction of human sexuality; works of art designed to stimulate sexual arousal.
- Official media and online communities containing a special section and/or standalone articles on sexual aspects of relationships.
- Sexual deviations.
- Advertising of articles designed for sex and stimulation of sexual arousal, varied escort services, including services provided on Internet such as erotic video chats, phone sex, and virtual sex.
Note: The Adult content category does not include web resources providing scientific, medical, and educational content.
Pros: Blocking prevents both intentional and accidental viewing of adult content web resources.
Cons: Blocking might affect scientific and educational articles on puberty and sexual education.
Recommendation: If you want to allow your child to access any specific (e.g. educational) materials, you can include the allowed websites as required to the customizable whitelist. In any case, should you discover that your child has an interest in the subject, you may want to discuss this topic with him or her.
The whitelist can be customized in the full version of the product.